Metadata: general and domain specific Metadata
|Assignee:||Kevin Condon||% Done:|
|Target version:||4.0 - week of March 10|
!! Ticket moved to GitHub: IQSS/dataverse/27¶
With 4.0 being a rewrite of the code base, this ticket represents one of the core functional components to be done. Individual items that can be tested separately or need to be passed to another developer or designer should be added as new tickets under this one.
In 4.0 we plan to revise how we handle metadata. While we plan to have general metadata which is true of all datasets (title, author, description, topic classification, etc), we will separate out the domain specific metadata (currently for social science fields from ddi), so that the end user can select a domain and not have to worry about fields that are not relevant.
handling of templates for domains
reimplementing study versions for 4.0
#2 Updated by Eleni Castro about 1 year ago
- General Dataset Metadata Spec (T1): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjeLxEN77UZodHJSRHlzdTBVcXcwWTRVa3Bfdm91ZWc&usp=sharing
- Preliminary Mockups of how it might look in the UI: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bAf1pl3_ajo6N_x1D1HCapxMbt_5Y7_ZYu674X573V8/edit?usp=sharing
- Domain Specific Dataset Metadata Spec (Social Sciences, Astro, Biomedical) (T2): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjeLxEN77UZodFdkVGg5Rklpa1FIZ1N0QjBRY3JCNkE&usp=drive_web#gid=1
- File-Level Metadata (Tabular, FITS, General) (T3): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjeLxEN77UZodFQ3YVNzRXJiMUU5SXo1bXVFU1A3emc&usp=sharing
#3 Updated by Gustavo Durand 12 months ago
- Status changed from New to In QA
- Assignee changed from Steve Kraffmiller to Kevin Condon
- Target version changed from 4.0 - week of March 31 to 4.0 - week of March 10
- % Done changed from 58 to 90
- Usability Testing set to No
Moving to QA for hihj level ticket; individual isses should be opened as new tickets.